These very popular walks have been devised by Mark Crane, Minafon, Rowen. Feel free to print them. Leaflets for each walk are available in the Rowen phone box. We’d welcome a donation towards the printing costs, and the upkeep of the phone box information point.
Note: Kate Humble stayed in Rowen for three weeks in August 2017, while filming nearby. She told us that she had walked nearly all of our Ten Circular Walks from Rowen, with Teg her dog.
- All of the walks are on quiet lanes and public footpaths.
- Please follow the guidelines of the Countryside Code and the Dog Walking code. See links below.
- Do not allow your dog to foul the footpaths.
- The weather can change suddenly here. Go prepared.
- Wear strong shoes or walking boots, and take waterproofs, warm clothing, hat and suncream (hopefully) and food and drink.
- The walks are all on Ordnance Survey map OL17.
- Walk 9 on Tal y Fan is a serious mountain walk.
- The walks can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
- We hope you enjoy our walks. We’d love to have your comments. Please email email@example.com.
- Important advice for users of the Circular Walks leaflets. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information in the Circular Walks leaflets is correct, the author and this website can accept no responsibility for errors, loss and injury, however caused.
|Walk 1||Walk 1 – DdolCastell||2.5 km / 1.6 miles||50 min||Moderate|
|Walk 2||Walk 2-Ty Hir||1.8 km / 1.1 mi||40 min||Easy|
|Walk 3||Walk 3-Up the Afon Roe||5.3 km / 3.3 mi||2 hr||Strenuous|
|Walk 4||Walk 4- a short walk||2 km / 1.25 mi||40 min||Easy|
|Walk 5||Walk 5 – Ancient burial chamber||4.7 km / 3 mi||1hr 45 min||Strenuous|
|Walk 6||Walk 6 – Blue bell woods||2.5 km /1.6 mi||50 min||Moderate|
|Walk 7||Walk 7- Llangylenin church||7 km / 4.4 mi||2 hr 40 min||Strenuous|
|Walk 8||Walk 8- Glyn Uchaf and Parc Glyn||5.3 km / 3.3 mi||2 hr||Strenuous|
|Walk 9||Walk 9 – Tal y Fan||8 km / 5 mi or 5 km / 3.25 mi||3.5 or 2.5 hr||Strenuous|
|Walk 10||Walk 10- Llangylenin church with Tal-Y-Fan option||5.5 km / 3.3 mi or 8.5 km / 5.1 mi with Tal y Fan||2.5 or 3.75 hr||Strenuous|