Rowen Gardening Club was founded in 2000 as a Rowen WI millennium project. Activities include:
- Evening meetings at Rowen Memorial Hall, with a wide variety of talks.
- Plant swaps at meetings.
- Visits to members’ gardens, always with a tea party.
- Harvest Supper
- Visits to gardens further afield.
- New Year lunch.
- Our meetings and visits are very sociable, and they include plenty of home-made cake.
- We welcome suggestions for speakers and garden visits.
- New members are welcome.
- You do not need to have a 4-acre garden, or even live in Rowen.
- We have members from as far afield as Anglesey.
- Members can get a discount at some local garden centres, including 10% at Snowdonia Nurseries, Glan Conwy. Bodnant Plant Centre gives a 10% discount on plants to Bodnant Welsh Food Centre loyalty card holders.
Please phone 01492 650764 or email email@example.com for details.
The picture shows an Apple Tree Pruning Workshop with Ian Sturrock Welsh Fruit Trees, at a member’s garden in 2015.
Programme 2017 / 2018
Fri 15th September Garden visit at 2pm to member Carol Potten’s garden, Gyfyllog, Eglwysbach LL28 5TU. Fab garden standing in 25 acres, orchard, amazing views of Moel Siabod and the Carneddau. Limited parking.
Thurs 19th October at 7.30pm at Rowen Memorial Hall Alpines of Snowdonia A talk by naturalist and gardener Pete Kay, formerly of Rhyd y Creau, Betws y Coed.
Thurs 16th November at 7.30pm at the Memorial Hall, AGM and Harvest Supper. Bring a dish to share. Annual subs due £10 per person.
Thurs 14th December Winter Walk from the Bee Inn, Eglwysbach at 1.30pm, 45 minute walk; or just meet at the Bee Inn 2.00 to 2.30pm. Pay as you go for mince pies and drinks.
Thurs 18th January at the Bee Inn, Lunch, raffle and quiz Details to follow.
Please email Kath Barrar for a full programme with directions etc. firstname.lastname@example.org