Rowen Gardening Club was founded in 2000 as a Rowen WI millennium project. Activities include:
- Evening meetings at Rowen Memorial Hall, with a wide variety of talks.
- Plant swaps at meetings.
- Visits to members’ gardens, always with a tea party.
- Harvest Supper
- Visits to gardens further afield.
- New Year lunch.
- Our meetings and visits are very sociable, and they include plenty of home-made cake.
- We welcome suggestions for speakers and garden visits.
- New members are welcome.
- You do not need to have a 4-acre garden, or even live in Rowen.
- We have members within a 10-mile radius of Rowen.
- Members can get a discount at some local garden centres, including 10% at Snowdonia Nurseries, Glan Conwy. Bodnant Plant Centre gives a 10% discount on plants to Bodnant Welsh Food Centre loyalty card holders.
Please phone 01492 650764 or email email@example.com for details.
The picture shows an Apple Tree Pruning Workshop with Ian Sturrock Welsh Fruit Trees, at a member’s garden in 2015.
Wed 31st May Coach trip to Abbeywood Gardens, Delamere, Cheshire.
Abbeywood Estate has 27 acres of woodland, including a 7-acre arboretum and six acres of lovely gardens, formal and informal.
Cost per person = £18 total for a place on the 23-seater coach and entry ticket.
Refreshments at the garden cafe or bring your own.
Coach pickup at Rowen old shop at 9.15am, back by 5pm.
Booking essential. Phone Lesley Hughes on 01492 640793.
Wed 21st June Garden Visit to two linked NGS gardens, 33 Bryn Twr and Lynton, Abergele LL22 8DD. One formal garden with a stunning wisteria and the other “a plant collector’s heaven”.
Cost per person = £6 person includes both gardens.
Directions: From Market St, Abergele take A548 at traffic lights, signposted Llanfair TH.
Bryn Twr is third road on left.
Car sharers, please give your driver £3.